READYColorado Blog: Resolve to be #COReady. Preparedness Starts with You.
Preparedness starts with you. As you begin considering your 2018 resolutions we ask you to consider dedicating this year to preparedness. We hope you will join us in making Colorado the most prepared state in the nation.
You can start today by “Resolving to be #COReady in 2019”. Take action today with any of these steps:
- Finalize your emergency and disaster plans and then practice them. Create your:
- Be prepared for home fires. The American Red Cross has launched an initiative to reduce deaths and injuries by 25 percent due to home fires with a Home Fire Preparedness Campaign. Do your part to save lives by:
- Establish a safe meeting place outside of your home.
- Practice your fire drill twice a year. You may have as little as two minutes to escape your home if a fire occurs. You must be able to act quickly.
- Test your smoke alarms each month. A working smoke alarms double your chances of survival. Early warning saves lives and property.
Share your COReady resolutions with us on our Twitter and Facebook accounts using the #COReady.