Make the most of your benefits
One of the State of Colorado’s goals is to provide employees with cost-effective, high-quality health care. The FY 2017-18 Employee Benefits Guide will provide you with an overview of your benefits plan options for the upcoming fiscal year, beginning on July 1, 2017.
- UnitedHealthcare Plan Options
- UnitedHealthcare Plan Comparison
- UnitedHealthcare Brochure
- myuhc.com (member site)
- welcometouhc.com/colorado (a pre-member site)
Paladina Health, an exciting benefit for UHC members, offers a great primary care physician option. Learn more at colorado.gov/dhr/paladina.
- Kaiser Permanente Plan Options
- Kaiser Permanente Plan Comparison
- Kaiser Permanente Brochure Denver/Boulder
- Kaiser Permanente Brochure Mountain Colorado
- Kaiser Permanente Brochure Northern Colorado
- Kaiser Permanente Brochure Southern Colorado
Monthly Medical Rates
Medical Plan Cost Comparison
With copay plans, you pay set copays for some healthcare services, like office and emergency room visits. You'll pay the full cost of most services until you reach your deductible. Your preventive care is covered at 100%. Your insurance plan determines your copay —these amounts are printed on your health insurance card. These plans have higher monthly premiums.
Copay Plan Features:
You'll have a set dollar amount, or copay, when you visit the doctor
Works well for people who don't have the budget to pay the full cost of a medical bill or a prescription out-of-pocket
Makes sense for those who are willing to pay more each month for the security of knowing how much they will pay when they visit the doctor.
High-Deductible Health Plans
High-deductible health plans are designed to help keep premium costs low for you and your family. You will pay the full cost of all services until you meet your deductible. After you satisfy your deductible, you will pay coinsurance until you reach your out-of-pocket maximum. Both State of Colorado HDHPs have the same deductibles, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums.
High Deductible Health Plan Features:
You'll have lower monthly premiums
If you enroll in a HDHP, you're eligible for a health savings account (HSA) to help with out-of-pocket costs. The State of Colorado will contribute $60 per month to your HSA through Optum Bank.
Works well when you know you'll meet your deductible or out-of-pocket maximum early in the plan year. After you meet your deductible, you will pay a 20% coinsurance for subsequent costs, and your insurance plan will cover the rest.
Makes sense for those who don't go to the doctor very often. You'll have low monthly premiums and preventive care at no cost to you. Preventive care includes wellness exams, cancer screenings and other services.
How High Deducible Health Plans Work:
(click to enlarge)
Regardless of your health insurance plan, all preventive care services are covered at little or no out-of-pocket cost to you.
- Annual physical exams (e.g. well-woman, well-child exams etc.)
- Preventive Cancer Screenings
- Preventive Mammograms
- Biometric screenings (e.g. cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes, etc.)
- Flu Shots and other immunizations
- Diabetes Prevention Program
And, more! Please see the following resources and your health insurance plan for a complete list of preventive services.
- Kaiser Preventive Services
- Kaiser Preventive Screening Guidelines
- UnitedHealthcare Preventive Services
Division of Human Resources
Your Department’s Human Resources Office
Employees and supervisors are encouraged to contact their respective Department Benefit Administrators with initial questions.
Employee Wellness Program
Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
Contact: 303-866-4314 or Toll Free 1-800-821-815
Denver/Boulder & Northern Colorado
Contact: 303-338-3800, 1-800-632-9700
Plan Options at a Glance
- STATE DEPENDENTS DEFINITIONS & REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Premium Assistance Under Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- DEPENDENT TAX STATUS
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
- ACA (AFFORDABLE CARE ACT)
- MEDICAL SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM
- IRS FAQs on Same Sex Marriage and Civil Unions
- Salary Reduction Plan
- Benefits Appeal Form
- Pre-tax Information
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a benefits question anytime.