Operations During the COVID-19 Response
DFPC-Fire & Life Safety Section: A Note Regarding the Effects from the Current Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and its Effect on Our Operations
The Division of Fire Prevention and Control is closely monitoring the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Colorado. The requirements warranted by the situation have resulted in the modification of many of our practices for the time being. Although the Fire & Life Safety Section is working to limit the impact of these modified practices, the reality is we have had to discontinue some of our services for the present time and modify others. Here is what we are doing currently and we will make sure to update this if anything changes:
- To promote Social Distancing our offices have –
- Transitioned to limited staffing and the majority of our employees are now working remotely
- Have implemented mailing all printed permit cards to the permit owners listed on the project application; we no longer will allow for permit pick-up at the Kipling offices.
- Transitioned to remote conferencing – we will still meet with you, but it will now be via a virtual meeting for the duration of the current pandemic response operation.
- Suspended School, Casino, and Healthcare Facility COC maintenance inspections for the duration of the current pandemic response operation or until it is deemed appropriate to resume these operations.
- All Permitting and Plan Review activities for construction will continue as they always have.
- Please know that your calls are important to us; however, with the transition to working remotely, our responses to your calls may be delayed a little from what you may be used to from us – we appreciate your patience while we adjust to this new way of working. If you have our mobile phone number, this is probably the better way to get a hold of our staff, but we will be checking our office voicemail regularly.
- On-site Construction Inspections will be conducted; however, we may opt to virtually conduct some inspections on a limited basis and in some instances, based on the request, we may work with the requestor to postpone the requested inspection for a variety of reasons, which would be discussed with the requestor.
- We intend to continue to conduct on-site Fire Origin and Cause Investigations, as needed; however, we may request to postpone or re-assign a request, based on the nature and circumstances of the fire. Our Investigations staff is still dispatched through the Watch Center at (303)239-4360.
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at (303)239-4100 or via email at:
- Suppression Program Inquiries: CDPS_DFPC_suppression@state.co.us
- Health Facility Program Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Other Inquiries: CDPS_DFPC_construction@state.co.us