Emergency Medical Responder Transition to CDPHE
The voluntary EMR registration process is moving from the Colorado Department of Public Safety, Division of Fire Prevention and Control to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Health Facilities and EMS Division. This will take place for registrations that expire July 1, 2017 and later. The renewal application will be available starting the week of May 1, 2017.
An account has been created for you in the Online Application Tracking Hub (OATH) but you need to call our cert line to create an account password. The number is 303-691-4932.
Once you can access your online account, you will need to take the follow steps to complete the renewal process:
1. Complete the online renewal application.
2. Upload a copy of your CPR card into the application.
3. Upload a copy of your lawful presence document - like a Colorado drivers license or a passport into the application.
4. Provide your NREMT EMR number or select a Colorado recognized education program to verify your continuing education on the application.
5. Complete a fingerprint based background check application and mail it to the Colorado Bureau of Investigations along with required payment amount.
You can find further instructions about the registration process and obtaining a fingerprint background check from our webpage at - www.coems.info Then click on the EMS tab.
If you ever need help or have questions, please call our cert line at 303-692-2980.