Fire Bans and Restrictions
Information on fire restrictions and bans can change rapidly. The most current information can and should be obtained from your local county or the U.S. Forest Service.
Federal: The Rocky Mountain Area Fire & Aviation Management lists US Forest Service, Park Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, and US Fish and Wildlife Service fire restrictions.
State/County: Below is a list of web links to the counties in Colorado where fire restriction information can be found. *The County Sheriff's office is your best source for local fire restriction information. OEM also compiles a list of Wildfire Situation Reports. The Colorado State Forest Service also supplies large fire status and other information.
Federal Land Information:
US Forest Service | Bureau of Land Management | National Parks
United States Forest Service Lands Fire Restrictions
BLM Lands Fire Restrictions
Please open the fire restriction link or visit their website for specific information on the fire restrictions. The restrictions are specific to counties within their field offices.
- BLM Lands in Gunnison County
- BLM Grand Junction
- Colorado River Valley Field Office
- BLM Northwest District: Kremmling, Little Snake, White River Field Offices.
- BLM Royal Gorge Field Office: Chaffee, Custer, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Jefferson, Lake Las Animas, Park, Pueblo, and Teller Counties.
- BLM San Luis Valley Field Office: Alamosa, Conejos, Rio Grande, Saguache Counties
- BLM Tres Rios Field Office: Southwestern Colorado