Response and Incident Management
DFPC provides the following resources to support and assist with wildfire response in Colorado:
- Multi-Mission Aircraft (MMA): Our MMA program is comprised of two Pilatus PC-12 airplanes outfitted with state-of-the-art infrared (IR) and color sensors (EO) focused on early detection, extended surveillance and support, and all-hazard situations.
- Helicopter: DFPC contracts 2 Type 3 helicopters: one Type 3 with Helitack crew in Canon City and one Type 3 with a crew in Montrose. They perform a variety of tasks including recon, transport of personnel and supplies, and water delivery.
- Single Engine Air Tankers SEATs: DFPC contracts 2 SEATs that are pre-positioned around the State based on fire indices and activity.
- DFPC Engines and Squads: DFPC has 7 engines and 1 squad positioned at multiple locations around the state. Crews support and assist local and federal agencies when requested and provide training, fuels management, and prescribed fire.
- Battalion Chiefs: Battalion Chiefs provides technical support and assistance on the ordering of resources, tactics, and management of incidents to local fire agencies and county Sheriffs.