The DFC was created by the Colorado legislature to help Colorado’s disabled citizens by supporting nonprofit organizations that have new and innovative ideas benefitting the disabled community.
The DFC will be auctioning off certain license configurations on the reserved list to maximize their benefit to the disability community.
A license configuration may be auctioned or it may be offered at a "Buy it Now" price.
- Any license configuration that is won at auction must still be registered with the DMV to be used on a license plate. The amount paid to the DFC for the license configuration DOES NOT include registration, taxes, fees, vanity plate cost, or other charges regularly paid to register a vehicle. A successful bidder will need to register the license configuration through a special process with the DMV to place it on a vehicle.
- Please review the Terms & Conditions on the auction website for more details on an auction purchase.
- If a license configuration was obtained through the regular DMV process and allowed to expire, after 13 months the DFC may reserve the configuration for future auction.
- If a configuration does not appear on the DFC reserved list the DFC does not have control of the configuration. Please check with the Division of Motor Vehicles to determine if it is available.
- The DFC is not required to add a requested license configuration to an auction. Some configurations may be retained for special auction opportunities.
- The DFC will not notify you if your requested license configuration is added to an auction. It is up to the requestor to monitor the auction website.
1. If you believe your license plate configuration has been reserved by the DFC, please click the button below to check our spreadsheet to see if the configuration appears. The spreadsheet will open in a new tab.
2. Only if the configuration appears on the list, continue to the Ask DFC form to request that your desired configuration be added to the next auction. This is the only way you may obtain this configuration.
3. Visit the DFC auction website to monitor when your configuration gets added to an auction.