Congratulations... 2013 Fleet National Greening Awards
20th Best 'Green Fleet'
Congratulations to Colorado State Fleet Management (SFM) for being ranked #20 among the top 50 green fleets in the country by the "100 Best Fleets" organization.
The Government Green Fleet Award is open to all federal, state, and local government fleets in North America, over 32,000 fleets.
Colorado State Fleet Management’s (SFM) achievements are the result of: aggressive identification and pursuit of every possible opportunity to purchase and deploy alternative fueled vehicles by Ron Clatterbuck, Colorado State Fleet Manager and his team; collaborative projects with the Colorado Energy Office (CEO); and the efforts of Art Hale, SFM Transportation Resources Manager, to develop partnerships with other political sub groups, commercial organizations, and other green fleet and clean energy affiliates.
In October, at the 2013 Green Fleet Conference & Expo in Phoenix, forty winners were announced for the third-annual Sustainability All-Star Awards, recognizing fleets and suppliers across the country for their green initiatives. Art Hale, representing the Colorado State Fleet, was one of this year’s award winners. The winning criteria included:
- Professional longevity — Time in the fleet industry dedicated to sustainability efforts
- Accomplishments — Examples of significant sustainability achievements
- Innovation — Examples of innovative ways individuals have contributed to reducing emissions and fuel consumption
- Overall industry involvement — Involvement in industry-wide efforts to promote sustainable fleet transportation solutions
State Fleet Management can take great pride in both of these Greening Awards. Over the past few years, SFM has been a leader in the area of alternative fuels and sustainability with the following accomplishments:
- Increasing the E-85 fleet to 1,485 units, diesel to 342, hybrid-electric to 348, and CNG to 83,
with 140+ CNG units on order for 2014
- Integrating 2 hybrid hydraulics, installing 13 EVSEs, and expanding the telematics program
- Normalized petroleum reduction was 14%
- Fleet Stats: 5,875 units, 38% green
Individual National Green Awards
- Art Hale, SFM Transportation Resources Manager, was personally awarded the 2013 American Lung Association’s Clear Skies Award for his persistent work toward cleaning our air through the transition to alternative fuel sources and advocacy of fuel reduction strategies. Art was nominated by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities as a person who goes above and beyond in their commitment to clean air. Since Art serves as the Elected Chair of the local chapter of National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA), and Elected Vice Chair of Rocky Mountain Fleet Managers Association (RMFMA), he is well positioned to help expansion of Green Fleet programs, both commercial and government, throughout the State of Colorado. The Clean Cities program advances the nation's economic, environmental, and energy security by supporting local actions to reduce petroleum use in transportation.