IDS Mail Operations - Outgoing Mail is a work partner with the U.S. Postal Service®. IDS is here to advise all government agencies in the Denver Metro area and southern regions, including Pueblo, Colorado Springs, and Canon City, on selecting envelopes, materials, printing, and postal options that will obtain processing and postage efficiencies for any government mailer. IDS can assist in choosing the appropriate class of mail, obtaining maximum postage discounts, and preparing mail to meet USPS® regulations.
- Educating government agencies on proper mail preparation
- Sorting and delivery of incoming and interoffice mail and packages
- Ensuring maximization of postal discounts
- Acting as a centralized mail information source for all government entities
- Providing transport and processing of mail in a timely and accurate manner
- Keeping abreast of technological advances within the mailing and distribution industries
Please contact IDS during the planning stages to discuss design, types of service, general mailing requirements, costs, and schedules in order to provide cost-effective solutions.
- Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMB)
Effective January 26, 2014, the use of Full-Service Intelligent Mail is required to qualify for automation prices for First-Class Mail® postcards, letters, and flats, Standard Mail® letters and flats, Periodicals® letters and flats, and Bound Printed Matter® flats.
- Address Quality Programs - NCOA , CASS, DPV, Suitelink, LacsLink
State of Colorado was the first state to be its own NCOA vendor.
- NCOALink™ is a secure dataset of approximately 160 million change-of-addresses going back 48 months that enable mailers to update mailing lists with new addresses from individuals, families, and businesses that have moved. NCOALink™ provides return codes that offer information about name and address records that do not exactly match the U.S. Postal Service® change-of address database.
- Cass Certification, Suitelink, LacsLink, and DPV™ (Verifies Accuracy of Deliverable Addresses) are now included as part of NCOALink™. DPV™ allows you to target your mailings more efficiently to reduce list production and postage costs. DPV™ determines if the address exists down to an apartment or suite number and can be delivered by the USPS®. The State of Colorado IDS Mail Operations is a secure facility approved for this process.
- Discount Mailing Rates/Letter Sorting/Flat Sorting
IDS Mail Operations presorts its letters and flats to qualify for postage discounts.
IDS Mail Operations is capable of automatically inserting both letters and flats. The high-speed intelligent inserters can insert up to 15,000 pieces per hour depending on the number of sheets and the material going into the envelope.
- Ink Jetting
IDS Mail Operations can spray an address onto flats, letters, or postcards at 5,000 pieces per hour. They are able to spray, tab, and sort for postal discounts all in one pass.
IDS Mail Operations meters at both first class and presort rate as well as flats, parcels, and certified mail.
- FedEx® and UPS®
IDS Mail Operations processes packages through both FedEx® and UPS®, and are integrated into their automated tracking systems.
Hours of Operation
IDS Northern Region/Denver - 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. | Monday - Friday
IDS Southern Region/Pueblo - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Monday - Friday