Victim Advocate Training Resources
Please visit the DCJ Training Page to browse training offered by the Domestic Violence Offender Management Board (DVOMB) and the Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB). The DCJ has no statutory authority to approve trainers or pre-approve classes. This list is only designed to be a resource.
- Provides basic victim advocacy training to work with victims of crime.
- Curriculum includes the entire scope of victim services enhanced to address unique and specific issues in Colorado.
- Provides monthly training organized and facilitated by COVA at their facility
- Training are free to active COVA members.
- Topics vary each month to address the needs of the membership.
- Lists webinars, full-and half-day onsite training, community events and other training opportunities.
Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault 303-861-7033
- Offers training at no cost to active members and a fee for non-members.
- Provides technical assistance to prosecutors, law enforcement officers, victim advocates, coordinated community councils, and other multi-disciplinary training teams across the state.
- Provides online training to anyone interested in the criminal justice response to sexual assault; with particular emphasis on crimes committed by someone who is known to the victim.
- Offers conferences, training, and free Webinars.
- Offers instructor-led training, training by request, online training, and video training.