Evidence-Based Implementation Resources
Motivational Interviewing Resources
- Motiviational Interviewing Exercises (coming soon!)
- The 4 Processes in Motivational Interviewing (PDF)
Colorado Transitional Accountability Plan (CTAP)
EPIC has collaborated with the Colorado Department of Corrections to build case planning knowledge and skills with the Department's case management staff. We offer these case planning resources for CTAP for CDOC case managers and CTAP Coaches.
- CTAP Case Plan Fidelity Worksheet (Word doc) - Coaches should complete this worksheet once monthly for their coaching sessions with facility case managers.
- EPE- Giving Feedback (PDF) - Provides foundational concepts of Elicit-Provide-Elicit to help you get started with coaching.
- Effective Case Management Coaching Packet (PDF) - Developed for the 2007 Prison Reentry Initiative by the Carey Group and the Center for Effective Public Policy. Provides an in-depth overview of best practices for case management.
- Creating SMART Objectives (PDF) - fundamentals of writing "SMART" objectives, with sample objectives.
- Writing Objectives for Skill Training with Directed Practice (PDF) - Helpful hints to generate ideas around skills, which can be used for crafting client objectives.
- Criminogenic Needs (PDF) - Outlines the top 8 criminogenic risk factors and the needs associated with each factor.
Publications & Articles
- EBP- The Implications of Supervision (PDF) - Strategies for Improving Corrections' Capacity for Implementing EBPs
- Justice Research and Policy - Progress Toward Motivational Interviewing Proficiency in Corrections: Results of a Colorado Staff Development Program (PDF)
- Elements of Change: Highlighting Trends and Issues in the Criminal Justice System (PDF)