Civil Rights Requirements for Grantees
Civil Rights Training for Grantee's receiving federal funds issued by the Division of Criminal Justice. Both links must be reviewed to satisfy the training requirements.
- Colorado Department of Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice Civil Rights (2017) (PDF)
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office for Civil Rights (2012) (Video ~ 3 hrs)
Grantee's receiving federal funds issued by the Division of Criminal Justice must have procedures in place for responding to discrimination complaints that clients, program participants, employees, or consumers file directly with the grantee. DCJ will monitor grantees for compliance with the civil rights requirements during its regular monitoring process.
Grantee's receiving federal funds issued by the Division of Criminal Justice must complete and return the Civil Rights Certification of Compliance at the time of Award. Funds will not be disbursed until the Civil Rights Certification is complete.
- Certification of Compliance with Regulations - Office of Civil Rights, Department of Justice (DCJ Form 30) (2017) PDF
- OCR EEOP and Certification Chart (2017) PDF
- DOJ Equal Employment Opportunity Plans and EEO Reporting Tool Link (2017) Link
Those agencies receiving assistance from the federal government (via DCJ) must take reasonable steps to ensure that LEP persons have meaningful access to the programs, services, and information those entities provide.
Obtain additional information on Civil Rights Laws, Policies, and Provisions.