Technical Assistance Modules
ANNOUNCEMENT: The WBL Learning Lab Kickoff on Monday, March 16 will now be held virtually from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Details about logging into the virtual meeting will be sent to participants in the coming days. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
2020 Work-based Learning Grants and Technical Assistance
The CWDC is now accepting applications for the 2020 WBL Learning Lab. The Learning Lab is a 12-month technical assistance module that will support communities to implement the Thriving Work-based Learning Community Model and increase their capacity to scale work-based learning (WBL) as an effective strategy for addressing local talent shortages. Learning Lab participants will be eligible to receive work-based learning grant awards ranging from $10,000 to $75,000 that will be released by the CWDC this spring. Apply for the WBL Learning Lab technical assistance module by March 9.
WBL Learning Lab - Technical Assistance Module
Application deadline: March 9, 2020
Goal: Support the advancement of the Thriving Work-based Learning Community model. A thriving work-based learning community understands the problems plaguing their talent pipeline, recognizes the value in business-led work-based learning as a solution, and works collaboratively to effect systemic change.
Timeline: 2-month Discovery Phase, 10-month Action Phase
- Discovery Phase Outcomes: Completion of human-centered design training, project plan, and landscape analysis.
- Action Phase Outcomes: Participants will have access to tools, subject matter experts, and technical assistance to implement their work-based learning plan.
Work-based Learning Grants
Application deadline: April 16, 2020
Goal: Provide $400,000 in grants to Colorado communities, with individual awards between $10,000-$75,000.
To be eligible for funding:
- Participate in the two-month discovery phase of the WBL Technical Assistance Module or complete a landscape analysis and work-based learning plan.
- Identify a backbone organization.
- Include a minimum of three cross-sector partners aligned to an action plan that meets the needs of industry.
Grant application details will be released in the coming weeks. Communities selected for funding in April will be required to participate in the 10-month action phase of the WBL Learning Lab Technical Assistance Module.
For questions, please contact us at email@example.com.