Colorado State Plan Goals
Engage business and industry as a fulcrum to inform and align all elements of the demand-driven system.
- Expand regionally-focused sector partnerships that are championed by business and industry to drive career pathways.
- Develop and implement a full spectrum of work-based learning opportunities to be deployed broadly across sectors.
- Support collaboration between business and education to understand the value of stackable industry recognized credentials.
Establish a customer-centric and holistic focus to increase coordination, effectiveness, and access through shared data, tools, and resources.
- Adopt LEAN principles for the implementation of cross-partner strategies/services to increase efficiency, accessibility, and coordination of job-seeker services.
- Enhance the alignment of business services across all partner programs.
- Develop and implement a technology solution or other methods for data coordination and information sharing across program partners.
- Engage with community-based partners within the talent development network to align the implementation of system activities and meet the supportive services needs of job seekers.
- Promote the adoption of 2-generation models to combat poverty among all partners in the one-stop delivery system.
- Promote the adoption of competency-based hiring, education, and training to maximize opportunities for untapped talent to succeed in the labor force.
Engage partner staff at every level for better system alignment.
- Implement continuous professional development for staff from all partner programs to elevate internal expertise and professionalism and to equip them with the tools necessary to operate a comprehensive, holistic approach to talent development.
- Create opportunities for staff at all levels to engage in continuous improvement efforts, leveraging their first-hand experience and unique perspectives to inform the processes.
- Streamline active workgroups across the system to maximize staff participation and contributions from local partners.
Create and deliver a unified message for internal and external communication.
- Establish a brand for the Colorado workforce development system that represents the vision and strategies of the WIOA combined partners.
- Define the key messages and brand promise for target audiences.
- Explore ways to capture the Return on Investment (ROI) of the workforce system in order to promote the value of the system and all programs within it.
Drive meaningful outcomes through innovation, alignment of metrics, and accountability.
- Adopt system-wide outcome metrics to portray an accurate depiction of the workforce system, which will be used for planning and implementation of system services.
- Utilize partner relationships to implement meaningful pilot programs that foster an environment of innovation.
- Publish a digital dashboard highlighting results and value of the system.