First Aid & CPR
- Find first aid and CPR training provided by the American Heart Association.
- The American Red Cross offers a wide variety of training courses in first aid, CPR, AED, life guarding, swimming, babysitting, care giving, and other areas for both individuals and organizations. Many self-study classes are available online and you can also register for classroom courses.
- The Colorado Safety Association (CSA) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental educational organization specializing in occupational safety and health issues. CSA was founded in 1968 and is a training agency of the National Safety Council.
- Steps provided by the Mayo Clinic on how to respond to someone who is choking on an object lodged in their windpipe.
- Part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Injury Prevention and Control
- Contains links for online courses, fact sheets, posters, and other tools to help decide how to handle injured people.
- In this video, created by the Los Angeles Unified School District, non-medical personnel can learn how to sort and categorize wounded victims during an emergency.
- If time is short, you may skip to minute 6 in the video to bypass the scenario and proceed directly to the triage procedures.
- Be sure to check with your district and school for specific procedures because this video was made in California for a specific district.
Web Link Disclaimer: The Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) provides links from this site to external websites because of their potential interest or usefulness to the safe and positive school environment, an education community or the general public. It attempts to monitor such sites on a regular basis. However, the CSSRC cannot be responsible for the content of any site external to its own. Further, by linking to other sites, the CSSRC is not endorsing any particular product, practice, service, provider or institution, nor does it necessarily endorse views expressed or facts presented on these sites. In addition, neither the CSSRC nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information linked to from this site.