Call for Proposals - 2017 Colorado Safe Schools Summit
The goal of this Summit is to provide up to date information for school staff, mental health providers and emergency responding partners to assist them in enhancing the physical and psychological safety of Colorado students K-12.
- Download the Call for Proposals form.[Word version] [PDF version]
- Event Dates: Wednesday & Thursday, October 18th & 19th, 2017
- Location: Adams 12 Five Star Schools Conference Center 1500 E 128 Avenue Thornton, CO 80241-2602
- Workshop Session Length: 90 Minutes
- Deadline for Proposal Submission: Friday, May 19, 2017
- Proposal Notification: Friday, June 23, 2017
The review committee is looking for workshops that would be appropriate for one or more of the following tracks:
- Engaging Schools and Communities – this might include effectively utilizing school and community teams for issues such as threat assessment, suicide prevention, social emotional learning, substance abuse prevention, gang reduction, etc.
- School Climate and Multi-tiered Systems of Support – this might include evidenced-based social emotional curricula, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), collaborations with community based efforts such as 1451 or SB94 committees or community Restorative Justice (RJ) programs, etc.
- Information/Intelligence Gathering – this might include how you utilize social media, information sharing and Family Educational Records Privacy Act (FERPA), threat assessment processes, utilizing data to inform your discipline and alternatives to suspension efforts, etc.
- Emergency Management, Crisis Response and Recovery – this might include trauma-informed guidelines for drills, recovery after an emergency at your school, dealing with the media, etc.
- From Research/Theory to Practice – this might include brain development in youth, delinquency and violence prevention, bullying/cyberbullying evidenced-based programs, etc.
Please keep in mind that we have three audiences: school personnel, mental health providers and first responders that collaborate with school partners. We also encourage applicants to consider utilizing a collaborative team of presenters and to be sure your topic speaks to both personnel from the large, front-range districts as well as our rural school partners.