The purpose of Businesses Assisting Schools in Communities Prepare (BASIC Prep) is to enhance emergency preparedness and safety planning initiatives in Colorado schools by aligning districts and individual schools with appropriate business sector partners.
What is BASIC Prep?
April 2015: At the present time there is one new charter school and one new school district participating with Building DNA, 2Elk Consulting and
ServPro. The original pilot site in Durango with Mercury Payments continues.
Building DNA is supplying their complete online emergency response tool at no cost to the charter school and they are willing to work with additional schools. SchoolDNA - Pinnacle School Testimonial video on vimeo.
2Elk Consulting is assisting that charter school with consultation and training in collaboration with the Building DNA project.
ServPro is available to any schools to help map mechanical systems within buildings so that in an emergency, responders can quickly and easily locate these systems.
We will report more as these pilot sites get further into their projects. But there is still room for at least three more schools. Please use the Request for Participation form to apply.
- American Red Cross
- ADPS, LLC & 2ELK Consulting
- Boulder Valley School District
- City and County of Denver Office of Emergency Management
- Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Colorado Department of Public Safety
- Colorado School Safety Resource Center, Colorado Department of Public Safety
- Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD)
- FEMA Region VIII
- Mercury Payment Systems
- St. Vrain Valley School District
- GCS Security Services
- Thompson School District
- San Juan BOCES