2019 CO Safe Schools Summit
Each year, the Colorado School Safety Resource Center staff organize an annual Summit during National and Colorado Safe Schools Month. Once again, the Center is collaborating with the Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence (CSPV) - CU Boulder, and Safe2Tell (S2T), from the Colorado Attorney General’s office, to present an exciting and informative two-day event.
Keynote presenters include;
- Dorothy Espelage, Ph.D. - World-Renowned Bullying/Harassment National Expert
- Finessa Ferrell - National School Climate Expert
- Howie Shapiro - Intelligence Analyst (FBI)
- Jenny Presswalla - U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Lynn Riemer, Drug Expect (ACT on Drugs)
Participants will have the opportunity to choose four of the 24 workshops, which covers prevention, mitigation, protection, response, and recovery. Topics include; threat assessment by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, human trafficking, cultivating safe schools for LGBTQ students, trauma-responsive behavior modification systems and behavioral plans, disproportionality of students of color within the juvenile justice system, and best practices for crisis response.
- Date: Thurs. Oct. 24 & Fri. Oct. 25, 2019
- Cost: $100 per registrant for 2 days (with a nominal additional processing fee at registration)
- Location: Adams 12 Five Star Schools Conference Center, 1500 East 128th Avenue, Thornton, CO 80241
Agenda At-a-Glance (PDF – 311 KB).
Official Summit Program (PDF – 1.9 MB).
Questions about the training or registration? Please contact the Colorado School Safety Resource Center at 303-239-4435.