Vehicles Required to Clear Port of Entry
A commercial motor vehicle is: any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property.
All Commercial Vehicles:
- In excess of 16,000 lbs. empty weight
- In excess of 26,000 lbs. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) (found on VIN plate of vehicle)
- All vehicles displaying apportioned or GVW license plates must clear Colorado Ports.
- Any vehicle carrying a Placardable amount of Hazardous Materials
- Must clear any Port of Entry located within 5 road miles of the route that the owner or operator would normally follow from point of departure to the point of destination
For questions and concerns please call one of our Port of Entry locations listed in the following link: