Port of Entry Academy
The POE training academy is eight weeks in duration and is located in Golden, CO. After successful completion and graduation from the training academy, Interns report to their assigned work locations.
The Colorado State Patrol Port of Entry (POE) Academy offers invaluable amount of opportunities to provide you with the knowledge, skills and abilities you will need to be a Port of Entry Officer. During the eight week academy, you will receive training in various subjects. Some of the courses offered in the POE Academy are as follows:
- 1st AID/CPR/AED
- Brands and Livestock Identification
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Rules and Regulations
- Communications – Dispatch
- Courtroom Procedures
- Field Observation Days
- Hazardous Materials
- Introduction to Leadership
- Operations Manual – Policy Review
- Oversize/Overweight Rules and Regulations
- Radio Procedures
- Report Writing
- Safety Awareness
- Size and Weight Enforcement
- Truck Inspector – Level III Certified
- Verbal Communication
For additional information about the selection process and the POE training academy, please contact Anastasiya Schomaker, HR Analyst at 303-239-4462 or email@example.com.
To view POE Cadet Class 2015-1 graduation pictures click here.
To view POE Cadet Class 2014-2 graduation pictures click here.
To view POE Cadet Class 2014-1 graduation pictures click here .