Obtain A Special Event Permit
What is a special event?
Who must apply?
- Only events occurring outside incorporated municipalities.
- Any event requiring complete or partial closures of a state highway.
- Any event requiring restrictions of, or encroachments onto a state highway.
- Any event which is in such proximity to a state highway that traffic flow could be disrupted.
- Any event that requires the placement of traffic control devices on a state highway.
- An application is required so CSP can ensure that events are managed in a way that preserves public peace, health,and safety.
How do I obtain a Special Event Permit?
You can obtain a Special Event Permit from the Colorado State Patrol by completing an application for a permit.
To obtain a special event application click here. Once open, click the "Download" button in the top right, then "Direct Download" to open the file for editing. You will now have the file in an Excel document. Directions to complete the application are located within the document. In order to complete the document, you must enable editing within the document. For application guidelines click here.