Nuclear Materials Transportation Permit

Hazardous Materials Carriers are subject to Colorado Public Utility Commission (PUC) registration and insurance requirements.  Safety oversight is the jurisdiction of the Colorado State Patrol.
Colorado statutes require that any person transporting hazardous materials that require placarding to obtain a permit from the Public Utilities Commission.  Motor carriers transporting radioactive waste and materials are required to purchase both a Hazardous Materials permit as well as a Nuclear Materials Permit