2017 Lateral Academy
We will begin accepting applications for the Colorado State Patrol's first Lateral Academy in many years on April 13, 2017! The Lateral Academy will then begin on September 24, 2017 and will last for 11 weeks. Cadets that pass the Lateral Academy will graduate on December 8, 2017.
Applicants should apply and compete for one or the other, either the Cadet Open Competitive Recruitment or the Lateral Recruitment.
Lateral Program Requirements (Please see full job posting when announced for complete list of requirements):
- All requirements of regular Cadet Class Applicants (specifics coming soon in annoucement)
- Colorado P.O.S.T. Certified, in good standing
- Level 1 under C.R.S. 16-2.5-101
- Must have at least 3 years full-time, equivalent, paid, in good standing "patrol officer" experience within the last 5 years. Time spent in patrol FTO counts towards this time.
- (The Dept. reserves the right to consider retirees and those that were laid-off, who were in good standing on a case-by-case basis.)
The following will not be considered for laterals:
Military, District Attorney or Federal Police Officer Experience
Jail/Correctional Officers/Security Officers
- Time in a training academy