Hazardous Materials Permit

Hazardous Materials Carriers are subject to Colorado Public Utility Commission (PUC) registration and insurance requirements.  Safety oversight is the jurisdiction of the Colorado State Patrol.

Colorado statutes require that any person transporting hazardous materials that require placarding to obtain a Hazardous Materials Permit from the Public Utilities Commission. 

Return to main Hazardous Materials page.