Hazardous Material Topics
- Hazardous Materials Rules (HMT, HMP, HMR)
- HAZMAT Routing Map
- Hazardous Materials Permit
- Commodity Flow Studies
- Designated Emergency Response Authority Explained
- Photo Gallery Coming Soon
Hazardous Materials Special Notices
Nuclear Materials Transportation
The Hazardous Materials Section is Troop 8-C within the Colorado State Patrol. The Hazardous Materials Section contributes to the safety of hazardous material transportation in order to protect citizens and the environment. Twenty-five Hazardous Materials Technician level trained troopers are deployed throughout the state, working with all levels of government as well as private industry through close communication and cooperation.
Any new or ongoing information of interest to industry will be shown in red in the matrix above.
Program goals are accomplished by:
- Safe and efficient movement of hazardous materials on Colorado roadways through enforcement of permitting and routing.
- Mutual cooperation with all entities involved in the shipping and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Providing prompt response and mitigation resources for on-highway hazardous incidents and support of local government through mutual aid agreements or other formal requests for assistance.
- Designation and maintenance of hazardous and nuclear materials transportation routes.
- Adoption of permitting, routing, and safe transportation rules and regulations.
- Enforcement of applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Captain John Hahn, Commander
Hazardous Materials Section
15065 South Golden Road
Golden, Colorado 80401-3990
Main Number: 303.273.1900
FAX Number: 303.273.1911