Hazardous Material Statutes including:
- Designated Emergency Response Authority (DERA)
Hazardous Material Topics
- Hazardous Materials Rules (HMT, HMP, HMR)
- Hazardous Materials Routing Topics
- Statewide Hazardous and Nuclear Materials Route Restrictions Maps
- Commerce City (DJ Basin) Haz Mat Route Map
- Hazardous Materials Permit
- Commodity Flow Studies
- Photo Gallery
Hazardous Materials Special Notices
Nuclear Materials Transportation
- Nuclear Materials Transportation Oversight
- Nuclear Materials Rules (NMT, NMR)
- Additional key phone numbers in a radiological transportation incident - NEW as of 2/17/20
The Hazardous Materials Section is Troop 8-C within the Colorado State Patrol. The Hazardous Materials Section contributes to the safety of hazardous material transportation in order to protect citizens and the environment. Twenty-five Hazardous Materials Technician level trained troopers are deployed throughout the state, working with all levels of government as well as private industry through close communication and cooperation.
Hazardous Materials program goals are accomplished by:
- Safe and efficient movement of hazardous materials on Colorado roadways through enforcement of permitting and routing.
- Mutual cooperation with all entities involved in the shipping and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Providing prompt response and mitigation resources for on-highway hazardous incidents and support of local government through mutual aid agreements or other formal requests for assistance.
- Designation and maintenance of hazardous and nuclear materials transportation routes.
- Adoption of permitting, routing, and safe transportation rules and regulations.
- Enforcement of applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Captain John Hahn, Commander
Hazardous Materials Section
15065 South Golden Road
Golden, Colorado 80401-3990
Main Number: 303.273.1900
FAX Number: 303.273.1911