CATPA Grant Procedures and Guiding Principles
Under statutory authority to combat vehicle theft in the State of Colorado, will consider applications for grants for theft prevention, enforcement, prosecution, training, or offender rehabilitation. Grants are subject to availability of funds.
By statute, the Board shall select grants that represent multiple jurisdictions and serve a variety of geographical areas. Programs may include but are not limited to:
- Multi-agency law enforcement and national insurance crime bureau task force programs using proactive investigative methods to reduce the incidents of motor vehicle theft and related crimes and to increase apprehension of motor vehicle thieves and persons who attempt to defraud insurance companies in order to:
- Direct proactive investigative and enforcement efforts toward the reduction of motor vehicle thefts.
- Increase recoveries of stolen motor vehicles, including farm and construction equipment
- Increase the arrests of perpetrators.
- Programs that engage in crime prevention efforts, activities, and public awareness campaigns that are intended to reduce the public's victimization by motor vehicle theft, fraud, and related crimes.
- Programs that provide or develop specialized training for motor vehicle theft investigations personnel, including but not limited to law enforcement personnel, county title and registration clerks, division of revenue title clerks, and port-of-entry officials, in order to enhance knowledge, skills, procedures, and systems to detect, prevent, and combat motor vehicle theft and fraud and related crimes.
- Programs to provide for the support and maintenance of one or more dedicated prosecutors who have the specific mission and expertise to provide legal guidance and prosecutorial continuity to complex criminal cases arising from the activities of a multi-agency law enforcement program; and
- Programs to prevent future criminal behavior by first time offenders who have been charged, convicted, or adjudicated for motor vehicle theft.
Apply for a CATPA Grant - The FY19 Grant Application Period is closed.
To apply for the CATPA grant, you must use complete the Grant Application. For detailed instructions on how complete the grant application please refer to the Grant Manager Guidance. Please use the links below when completing the Grant Application ensuring that all items listed on the Grant Application Checklist have been completed.
Current Grantee Reporting
If you are a current CATPA grantee, below you will find links to the ATICC monthly reporting system, and various reporting documents.
Reporting Requirements and Forms: