Click to view list - Click for CURRENTLY OPEN (2Jobs) Updated 08/10/2018
Download County Application here: Application
1. Patrol Deputy
We are accepting applications for a Patrol Deputy starting pay is 32,000.00 a year. Must be Post Certified. 110 E 6th St, Ordway, Colorado 81063
The Crowley County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for a full time Dispatch/Jailer position. *Must be 21 or older to apply
Emergency Dispatchers perform various dispatching duties, including emergent and non-emergent calls for service, verifying information in national/state crime databases, conducting emergency notifications, entering missing and/or stolen items, monitoring and responding to radio traffic, alarm signals, providing incident reporting and analysis, as well as performing other related duties as required. Ability to work shift work, which includes days, evenings, mid-nights, weekends and holidays. Must be willing and able to work overtime on short notice.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to communicate effectively with angry, emotional and excited persons via telephone.
• Ability to remain calm under urgent circumstances.
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, fellow workers and the general public.
• Ability to listen, talk and type all at the same time.
• Ability to distinguish different auditory tones.
• Ability to track multiple pieces of information at one time and conduct follow-up as necessary.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with all staff.
• Ability to act and react to emergency and/or threatening situations in a manner consistent with the law, policies and procedures.
• Ability to apply sound reasoning and decision-making.
• Ability to operate computers and commonly used computer software programs, as well as any other standard office equipment as required by position.
The jailer performs routine duties in accordance with established policies, regulations and procedures to maintain order and provide for the security, care and direct supervision of inmates while in housing, at meals, during recreation, on work assignments and during all other phases of activity in the Jail.
Qualified candidates must successfully complete pre-employment screening, criminal background investigation. This is a full time position with bennifits and retirement. Please pick up your application at the
Crowley County Sheriff’s Office110 E 6th St Ordway, CO 81063