4th Annual SeaPlane "Splash In" at Lake Meredith Saturday June 15th, 2019
The Colorado Seaplane Pilots Association and the Colorado Seaplane Initiative is hosting their annual "Splash-in" at the lake Meredith Seaplane Base in Crowley County on Saturday June 15. Privately-managed Lake Meredith is home to Colorado’s First public-use seaplane base, and is currently among the only waterways open to seaplanes in Colorado, which remains the only state to not allow the craft to take off and land on state-managed lakes. This year's event we will include:
- Flight Simulator (MSFlightSim) for those wanting to try their hand.
- A Free BBQ Picnic Lunch for all seaplane pilots, their passengers, and anyone signing up for the Seaplane Pilots Association and/or Colorado Pilots Association.
Seminars will include:
- Flight levels to Floats - Presented by Mary Smith Training Program Manager for the B787 Dreamliner, United Airlines
- Invasive Species & Inspections
- Preparing to be a Seaplane Pilot - The requirements and standards.
All participating seaplanes will first land at La Junta airport for an ANS inspection starting at 8 a.m., and all seaplane pilots will receive and ANS decontamination kit, which will also be available to boaters.
The event will be at the Crowley county park on the north shore of the lake. Park entrance is on County lane 21 South, off State Highway 96 between Ordway and Sugar City.
Several State officials have been invited to attend the June 15 event.
For more information, contact Kelly Sloan, 970-424-6615 email: firstname.lastname@example.org