Parks and Recreation
Creede Parks and Recreation operates on a daily basis out of the Virginia Christensen Multi Use Facility located at 408 La Garita Avenue. The facility has a full basketball court, a weight room/cardio area, as well as a small studio room used for spin. We offer workout opportunities to participants of all ages. The City of Creede Recreation also operates programs at Silver Park Hockey Ponds and the Creede Ball Field.
Here is a link to our 2019 Summer Guide
Here is a link to our Monthly Activities
Or visit our Facebook page - Creede Parks and Recreation
Creede Community Gym Hours of Operation:
Ed Hargraves Park
- Equipped with a Baseball Field, Skateboard Park, ATV / Walking trail, Community Garden, and Facilities.
Seaborn Collins Memorial Art Park
- Kept by the Creede Arts Council, the Art Park displays artist's work throughout the summer.
- Located north of the Sheriff’s office, Morton Park provides a nice picnic spot overlooking the Creede Cliffs.
Silver Ice Park
- Located at the northern end of the town, Silver Ice Park is where you find Creede’s two ice skating rinks, complete with equipment sheds full of skates, pads, cross-country skis, and curling stones for public enjoyment.
- Located in the center of town, Basham Park is a perfect place to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Creede's main street.
Creede Parks and Recreation offers various fee options for gym use to fit your needs. Options include monthly, 6 months, and annual fees for seniors, youth, adults, families and businesses. There are also daily use and program fee options for those who do not wish to commit to a monthly membership. Please click the following link to view a membership application and fee schedule.
You may pay membership fees here or in person at VCMF by cash, check, and now by credit/debit card.
*Your monthly (or more) membership grants you access to the gym for individual use during any gym operating hours, as well as basic fitness classes.
The Creede Community Gym is equipped with a full size basketball court, exercise equipment, weights, sports equipment, locker rooms, and showers.
Below you will find registration forms for upcoming leagues, programs and activities. All registration forms can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped by the gym M-F.
The Recreation Department offers summer camps for children of all ages. Here is a link to our Summer Recreation Guide
The Virginia Christensen Multi Use Facility is available for rental by indiviuals or groups who wish to have fundraisers or private events at the facility. For an exclusive gym rental application, please click HERE. For non-exclusive and hourly rental inquiries, please call Kathryn Short or Kristeen Lopez.
Creede Parks and Recreation is always looking for new volunteers. We have opportunities for those who want to volunteer once, or those who want to make a small commitment. If you would like to volunteer with Creede Parks and Recreation, please contact Kathryn Short or Kristeen Lopez at 658.2729 or firstname.lastname@example.org