South Platte River
ABOUT THE SOUTH PLATTE RIVER BASIN
The South Platte Basin Roundtable covers approximately 22,000 square miles in northeast Colorado. The largest cities in the roundtable area are Boulder, Fort Collins, Longmont and Greeley. The projected population in 2050 is estimated to almost double in size to between 1.9 and 2.6 million people.
Nearly two-thirds of the increase in the state gross municipal and industrial (M&I) demand by 2030 – or approximately 324,000 acre feet (AF) to 467,000 AF with passive conservation included – will be in the overall South Platte Basin (a combination of the South Platte Basin Roundtable and the Metro Roundtable areas).
All Coloradans are encouraged to participate in the basin roundtable process. Contact your basin roundtable for ways to get involved.
The South Platte Basin and Metro Roundtables collaborated to produce a combined Basin Implementation Plan.
Basin Implementation Plan (BIP) Documents:
- South Platte/Metro Final BIP 4-17-2015
- Executive Summary
- Appendix A - Draft SWSI Glossary
- Appendix B - Enviro and Rec Focus Area Mapping Update
- Appendix C - Enviro and Rec Impact from Ag and Urbanizations Trends
- Appendix D-1 - All Sub-Appendices
- Appendix D-2 Enviro and Rec Assessment Mthodology and Framework
- Appendix E - Water Quality
- Appendix F - SMWSA Concept for Discussion
- Appendix G - South Platte Basin Surface Water Availability Analysis
- Appendix H - Summary of Public Comments
- South Platte Basin Roundtable Info (hosted on the CWCB website)
- South Platte Basin Webpage (hosted by the South Platte Basin)
- 2016-2018 PEPO Education Action Plan (combined with the Metro Basin)