Call to Action: Let's Close the M&I Gap by 2030
Come on Colorado, Let's Close the Gap!
New here to Colorado? Beautiful state, isn't it? The most precious resource we have is water and if we are going to keep this a happy little state,we all need to do our part. Every conversation about water in Colorado begins with conservation. Even if you do not direct water policy in the state, you still influence our future water security. We just mentioned a few ways you can conserve water every day, but there are many more simple ways to be as efficient as possible. Colorado’s Water Plan sets a measurable objective of reducing the projected 2050 municipal and industrial gap from as much as 560,000 acre-feet to zero acre-feet by 2030. We need YOUR help to meet this goal!
- What's the gap in your area? Read Colorado's Water Plan Chapter 6.2, "Meeting Colorado's Water Gaps"
- Get Involved! Attend a Basin Roundtable Meeting
- Sign up for the CWCB Confluence Newsletter to get information about water events, programs, and initiatives happening across the state
- Look into these organizations and all the resources they offer:
- Colorado WaterWise
- Colorado Foundation for Water Education
- Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Colorado River District
- Colorado Water Institute
- Colorado Ag Water Alliance
- Conservation Colorado
- WateReuse Colorado
- There are MANY more...check out all the organizations that helped create Colorado's Water Plan in Appendix G
- Watch "Painting Colorado Watersheds" again....and again...and again
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more educational videos and to stream the CWCB Board meetings