Stage 1 Fire Restrictions in Effect
STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT
- No Open Burning of any kind
- Sale and use of fireworks is strictly prohibited
- No outdoor smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building
- Operating or using an internal combustion engine is not permitted without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order.
- No welding or operating acetylene or other similiar torch with open flame.
The Fire Marshal for the Costilla County Fire District, the Costilla County Sheriff and the Costilla County Emergency Management Coordinator have informed and advised the Board of County Commissioners that the present drought conditions require immediate and emergency banning of open fires within all of the unincorporated areas in Costilla County. In addition to the banning of open fires, it is necessary, in order to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents and property in Costilla County, that the sale and ignition of fireworks shall also be prohibited within all of the unincorporated area of Costilla County. This ban includes all outdoor burning, slash fire, use of any kind of fireworks, model rockets, and all other outdoor spark or flame producing activities.