Water Utility Billing
For questions regarding city water utilities, water utility billing, or Bulk water please call (303) 528-5251.
The department responds to:
- Utility customer requests for connects
- Disconnects and transfers of ownership of water utility service
- General billing questions
- Delinquency and collection-related issues
- Processing of utility bill payments
- Bulk water inquiries
How to pay a utility bill:
- Mail to: Utility Billing Department, P.O. Box 249, Central City, CO 80427
- Bring in person to: The Finance Department, 141 Nevada St. Central City, CO 80427
- Drop box located outside the front door of City Hall (141 Nevada)
- Credit or debit card paid through the Online Payments page
- You can now setup Automatic withdraw through your private online payment portal!
How to set up a new water utility account:
- New renter – Please bring a copy of your lease agreement, an ID, and an article of mail to arrange for delivery of the Water Utility Bill to your mailing address. Please note, we cannot change the water utility billing to the Tenants name. As such, an account will always remain in the home owners name.
- New owner - please call the Utility Billing Department at least 24 hours in advance to transfer service from the previous property owner
For more information or to inquire about our Senior water rate discount program, please contact the Utility Billing Department at (303) 528-5251.
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding major holidays.