CITY OF CENTRAL CALL FOR CANDIDATES SPECIAL ELECTION
CITY OF CENTRAL
CALL FOR CANDIDATES
TUESDAY, APRIL 4, 2017
7:00 A.M. TO 7:00 P.M.
A Special Mail Ballot Election will be held on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 to fill the vacant Alderman/Council Member seat with term to end December 31, 2020.
Notice is hereby given that candidate petitions will be available starting Wednesday, January 4, 2017 for candidates interested in running for the Alderman/Council Member seat for the City of Central City and may pick up a petition at the Central City Clerk’s Office, 141 Nevada Street, Central City, Colorado 80427, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Deadline for completion and submission of petitions is Monday , January 23, 2017 at 5:00 p.m., no postmarks accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
For more information contact the City Clerk’s office at 303-582-5251 x 3 or direct line 720-279-7330.
The Central City Charter (Section 3.3) lists the qualifications of persons eligible to the office of Alderman as:
- Be at least eighteen years of age or older on the date of the election
- Be a registered elector of the City of Central
- Resided in the City for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the election date
- Be a United States Citizen for at least one year prior to the election
- No council member shall have been convicted of a felony within the last seven years of the election
- No council member shall be a salaried employee of the city during the member's term of office nor shall any council member, during this term of office, perform personal services for the city for which the member is compensated.