WQCC September 9-10, 2019 Agenda
Please note the commission will be offsite at the annual planning work session and will be unable to stream. A recording will be available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A G E N D A
2019 WATER QUALITY CONTROL COMMISSION
ANNUAL PLANNING WORK SESSION
Bud Werner Memorial Library
1289 Lincoln Avenue, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Sunday, September 8, 2019:
2:00 p.m. 1. Tour of water quality activities and challenges in Yampa River, Segment 2b.
Monday, September 9, 2019:
9:00 a.m. 1. Commission member and staff introductions.
9:30 a.m. 2. Election of Officers.
9:45 a.m. 3. Welcoming comments and advice for new commissioners.
10:00 a.m. 4. Water Quality Control Division Management Priorities, Successes, and Issues for the Next Three Years.
10:30 a.m. 5. Break.
10:45 a.m. 6. Continuation of Water Quality Control Division Management
Priorities, Successes, and Issues for the Next Three Years.
11:30 a.m. 7. Review and Discuss 10-Year Water Quality Roadmap.
12:00 p.m. 8. Lunch.
12:30 p.m. 9. Discuss New EPA Guidance Documents and Regulations
- Clean Water Act Section 401 Guidance
- Waters of the United States
- June 3, 2019 Memo Regarding EPA Review of Clean Water Act Program Submittals
- EPA Interpretive Statement on Hydrologic Connection of Groundwater
1:45 p.m. 10. Policy Debrief.
- Updated Index of Previous Discussions of Policy Issues.
- Current Condition Temporary Modifications
- Aquatic life and ephemeral streams
Tuesday, September 10, 2019:
8:30 a.m. 13. Meet and Greet with Local Officials
9:45 a.m. 14. Hearing Process Review
- Environmental justice considerations.
- Debrief on June hearing – what went well and what implications are there for future basin hearings?
- Feedback on version control/process for major hearings, including timing and scope of index of outstanding issues.
- Disclosures and recusals – when, why, how.
- Reminder no discussion amongst commissioners outside of the hearing.
15. Review Long-Range Schedule
- Hearing Chairs: discussion of obligations and assign as needed
- June 2020 South Platte basin hearing
- December 2020 Temp Mods hearing
- Discuss Out of Town Meetings, Including Next Years Annual Planning Work Session
- June 2020: Denver? (South Platte Basin)
- September 2020 Planning Work Session
- November 2020 IFH for Basic Standards
- Identify Modified Meeting Dates
- Identify Hearings for Survey Feedback
16. Identification of Potential Work Sessions or Informational Briefing Topics for Coming Year
- Town Hall #6
- Legislation Expanding Department of Agriculture Chemicals Program Authority to Surface Water (SB19-186)
- Aquatic life in ephemeral streams
- New Ammonia Criteria (October 2019)
- Urban Drainage and Flood Control District (November 2019)
- Periodic Updates re Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- What else?
17. Identification of Potential Tour Opportunities
A. Management of PFAS at Denver International Airport
18. Consulting the Commission’s Attorney
19. Annual Training Required by HB18-1198
20. WQCC Liaisons
- State Engineer's Office
- Mined Land Reclamation Board/Division of Reclamation Mining and Safety
- Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Division
- Division of Oil and Public Safety
- Water Quality Forum
- Nonpoint Source Alliance
- Water Resources and Power Development Authority
- Healthy Rivers Fund
- Colorado Agricultural Chemical and Groundwater Protection
21. Water Quality Forum work groups for 2019-2020
- 10-Year Water Quality Roadmap
- MS4 Issues Forum
- Permit Issues Forum
- Development of WQCC Policy to Implement the Narrative Standards Into Permits for Perfluorinated Compounds
- Expanding Use of Reclaimed Water for Fracking
22. Plus-Delta Feedback
12:00 p.m. 23. Adjourn.