Water Quality Control Commission reports and plans
Current water quality (includes Section 305[b] report)
- 2018 Integrated Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment Report. Includes Colorado's Section 305(b) Report.
Impaired waters lists and related documents (includes Section 303[d] list)
- 303(d) listing methodology, 2018 listing cycle.
- Section 303(d) List and Colorado Monitoring and Evaluation List (Regulation No. 93).
- Water Quality Control Division Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Program.
Regional Water Quality Management Plans (Section 208)
- Pueblo Area Council of Governments 2012 Water Quality Management Plan.
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Water Quality Management Plan.
- 2013 Update to the North Front Range Water Quality Planning Association Management Plan.
- NWCCOG Regional Water Quality Management Plan (plan update in progress; last approved plan in 2002).
Individual watershed annual reports
Annual financial assistance Intended Use Plans
- 2019 Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
- 2019 Drinking Water Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
SB89-181 implementing agencies’ Memoranda of Agreement and annual reports
Section 25-8-202(7), CRS (commonly known as SB89-181) clarifies the roles of several state agencies regarding water quality responsibilities. Under the provisions of this section:
- The Water Quality Control Commission is solely responsible for the adoption of water quality standards and classifications for state waters.
- The Water Quality Control Division is solely responsible for the issuance and enforcement of permits for point source discharges to Colorado surface waters.
- The following identified “implementing agencies” have the initial responsibility for implementation of water quality standards to protect groundwater quality:
b. State engineer.
- SB 89-181 implementing agencies memoranda of agreements (MOAs).
- SB 89-181 implementing agencies annual reports.
- Water rights memorandum of understanding (WQCC, SEO, CWCB).
Colorado Nonpoint Source Management Program documents