Water Quality Control Commission meetings
The Water Quality Control Commission will be conducting all commission meetings, prehearing conferences, and status conferences as remote meetings only. We anticipate it will continue until there are no longer significant bans on large gatherings. Opportunity will be made available for parties to rulemaking hearings and interested members of the public to participate remotely in the meeting and provide testimony and public comment. Please see here for a remote meetings Zoom guide.
Monthly Water Quality Control Commission meeting agendas are available approximately two weeks before the date of the meeting.
Both the Draft Summary of Proceedings/Motions for the most recent Water Quality Control Commission meeting and the approved meeting and annual planning work session summaries for the prior year can be accessed from this page.
- Please note there have been some changes to the Long-Range Schedule. A memo explaining these larger changes can be found here.
- Water Quality Forum (includes forum regular meetings and stakeholder work group meetings).
The Colorado Water Quality Control Commission meets the second Monday (and Tuesday, if necessary) of each month.
To develop and maintain comprehensive programs for the prevention, control and abatement of water pollution and for the protection of water quality in the state.
We encourage the broadest possible public involvement in:
- Rulemaking hearings, where water quality standards and other regulations are formally adopted.
- Administrative action hearings where documents that are not formal rules, including commission policies, are approved.
- Informal informational hearings on a variety of topics.