WQCC implementation of water quality standards
Impaired waters lists and related documents (includes Section 303[d] list)
Point source discharge permits
SB 89-181 implementing agencies' memoranda of agreement and annual reports
Section 25-8-202(7), CRS (commonly known as SB 89-181) clarifies the roles of several state agencies regarding water quality responsibilities. Under the provisions of this section:
- The Water Quality Control Commission is solely responsible for the adoption of water quality standards and classifications for state waters.
- The Water Quality Control Division is solely responsible for the issuance and enforcement of permits for point source discharges to Colorado surface waters.
- The following identified “implementing agencies” have the initial responsibility for implementation of water quality standards to protect groundwater quality:
- SB 89-181 implementing agencies' memoranda of agreement.
- SB 89-181 implementing agencies' annual reports.