Water quality reclaimed water (reuse) permits
The reclaimed water program is designed to promote the use of reclaimed water in Colorado. It includes requirements for reclaimed water to meet minimal standards, and for treaters and users of reclaimed water to employ best management practices and oversee its use.
- Regulation 84: Reclaimed Water Control.
Please do not complete a new User Plan to Comply form for the following reasons:
- Changing a contact.
- Transferring ownership of an existing Notice of Authorization.
- Modifying your Notice of Authorization.
- Terminating your Notice of Authorization.
Please use the appropriate forms below for these changes.
- Letter of intent to treat and supply reclaimed water.
- For the use of reclaimed water:
Policies and guidelines
- WQP-21: Guidelines for determination of agronomic rate for application of reclaimed water under Colorado Regulation 84.
- WQP-25: Monitoring and reporting requirements for reclaimed water treatment facilities.
- CW-7 Reporting of surface water discharge associated with residential and landscape irrigation.
- Guidance for completing nitrogen agronomic rate analysis.
Reclaimed water external resources
- Rocky Mountain Water Environment Association (RMWEA).
- Rocky Mountain Section, American Water Works Association (RMSAWWA).
- Nitrogen and Irrigation Management (CSU Extension Office).
- Irrigation Scheduling: The Water Balance Approach (CSU Extension Office).