Operator in responsible charge (ORC)
The operator in responsible charge is designated by the owner of the system or facility and is responsible for the operation of the facility. He or she also supervises other operators working in the system or facility. The ORC's certification must be the same as or higher than the classification of the system or facility he or she operates.
Reporting and keeping us notified about the ORC is the system or wastewater facility owner's responsibility.
Contract operators providing services in Colorado
- List of contract operators.
- Disclaimer: This is a voluntary listing of organizations and individuals. Participation doesn't constitute a recommendation or endorsement.
- To ensure the operator or company you hire is in good standing with the Water and Wastewater Facility Operators Certification Board, check disciplinary actions with the Water and Wastewater Facility Operators Certification Board (WWFOCB).
- If you'd like to be included on this list, please complete the contract operator listing form.
List of current ORCs
- Current contacts, and requirements, for drinking water systems available on the system's monitoring schedule.
- Current contacts for a permitted facilities are available online (search by permit number).
- To search for operator certification information, please visit the Operator Certification Program Office (OCPO).
- You can search for individual operator certification levels/expirations by clicking the "Information" menu bar and then clicking "State certified operators."