Water quality: Environmental spills
Report community public health emergencies or hazardous substance spills at any time:
- All events should be reported within 24 hours.
- When reporting the event, please have available as much of the following information as possible:
- Date and time of incident.
- Permit number (if applicable).
- Potentially responsible party contact name, phone number and email.
- Description of incident, including location, volume of release, contaminant type (e.g., oil, domestic wastewater).
- Response actions taken.
- Fish kill observed.
- We’ll provide assistance to ensure the safety of the public and environmental protection.
Spill guidance, reference and forms
- Guidance for reporting spills under the Colorado Water Quality Control Act and Colorado Discharge Permits.
- Environmental spill reporting brochure.
- Five-day spill report.