Design review stakeholders
Regulation 22 - Site Location and Design Approval Regulations for Domestic Wastewater Treatment Works was last amended by the Water Quality Control Commission (WQCC) in 2009. On May 7, 2018, the WQCC held an informational hearing to obtain feedback regarding a proposed rulemaking scope to update the Site Location and Design Approval Regulation for Domestic Wastewater Treatment Works (Regulation 22). The WQCC agreed that the proposed rulemaking scope will benefit all parties by clarifying, improving, and modernizing the site location and design review processes. The scoping memo is available through the WQCC’s website.
A stakeholder process was initiated last year and substantial progress has been made. A first draft of Regulation 22 is available for review and comment. In addition, related changes to Regulation 61, Colorado Discharge Permit System Regulations, are also available for review and comment. Please see draft regulations below.
Public comments receivedWe received 139 written comments on the proposed Regulation 22 and Regulation 61 draft proposals. We appreciate all the feedback received and will consider each comment when making revisions to the consolidated draft proposal. Prior to finalizing the consolidated draft proposal for the Water Quality Control Commission, we want to engage with stakeholders again. Your participation will help further refine the division’s draft proposal to the commission.
Proposed discussionWe would like to hold another stakeholder meeting to discuss the following:
- Alignment of design capacity, throughput, treatment capacity, and design flow.
- Revisions to processes, authorities, and definitions related to 208 agencies.
- Duration of pilot tests at domestic wastewater treatment works.
- Incorporation of Chemical Approval Request Form.
- Use of exact language proposed by workgroups.
- Other specific individual comments and responses.
Oct. 11, 2019 (1:00 - 4:00 p.m.)
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, CO 80246
C1A (Building C, First Floor, Room A)
Remote attendance - https://zoom.us/j/336342136
Meeting ID: 336-342-136
- Oct. 11, 2019 - Stakeholder meeting - discuss comments.
- Oct. 31, 2019 - Redline version to commission, and begin formal rulemaking process.
- March, 2020 - WQCC Rulemaking Hearing.
Join our email list for information on future meetings and updates.
Bret Icenogle, engineering section manager