Wholesale food manufacturing and storage
Renewals for July 1st, 2016 through June 30th, 2017 will be generated and mailed no later than July 11, 2016. There is no penalty for not having a new certificate by July 1st, since we aren't able to generate the inovices before July 1st. Please be patient and watch for your renewal! If you don't receive one by July 25th 2016, please contact us.
We inspect and regulate the manufacture, distribution and storage of food, including all food intended for human consumption.
- Companies in our program typically distribute their products to other manufacturers or to retail locations, such as restaurants or grocery stores.
- We ensure all food products regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration are manufactured, distributed and stored under safe and sanitary conditions.
- These don’t include meat and poultry, which are regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- All companies in the program must be approved through a registration process, and we may conduct reviews of product labels.
- The Milk and Dairy Program pages address regulations for milk products, including:
- Fluid milk.
- Cottage cheese.
- Hard cheese.
- Soft cheese.
- Ice cream.
List of registered wholesale food firms (updated: 06/01/2016)
List of licensed dairy plants (updated: 06/01/2016)
For manufacturers: FDA Food Facility Biennial Registration Renewal.
For manufacturers: Application for Certificate of Free Sale
- Colorado Wholesale Food Regulations (for official regulations, see the secretary of state's version).
- Colorado Registration Application (FY2016).
- Pure Food and Drug Law.
- Product labeling requirements.
- Food and other product recalls.
- Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) Process Authority search
Wholesale food external resources