Wholesale food manufacturing and storage
We inspect and regulate the manufacture, distribution and storage of food, including all food intended for human consumption.
- Companies in our program typically distribute their products to other manufacturers or to retail locations, such as restaurants or grocery stores.
- We ensure all food products regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration are manufactured, distributed and stored under safe and sanitary conditions.
- These don’t include meat and poultry, which are regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- All companies in the program must be approved through a registration process, and we may conduct reviews of product labels.
- The Milk and Dairy Program pages address regulations for milk products, including:
- Fluid milk.
- Cottage cheese.
- Hard cheese.
- Soft cheese.
- Ice cream.
List of registered wholesale food firms (updated: 05/03/2016)
List of licensed dairy plants (updated: 05/03/2016)
For manufacturers: FDA Food Facility Biennial Registration Renewal.
For manufacturers: Application for Certificate of Free Sale
- Colorado Wholesale Food Regulations (for official regulations, see the secretary of state's version).
- Colorado Registration Application (FY2016).
- Pure Food and Drug Law.
- Product labeling requirements.
- Food and other product recalls.
- Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) Process Authority search
Wholesale food external resources