Verification of marriage, civil union, dissolution (divorce)

We provide official verification of marriage, civil unions or dissolution (divorce) recorded with the Office of the State Registrar of Vital Statistics. 
  • A verification of marriage, civil union or dissolution (divorce) isn't the same as a certified copy of the certificate or court document.
  • For a certified copy of the marriage certificate, civil union certificate or dissolution (divorce) decree, contact the county that issued the license or decree.
Apply, application requirements
Records available at this office
The steps necessary to correct a marriage, civil union, dissolution (divorce) verification
Information on common-law marriage 
Details about state requirements for performing a marriage
Visual examples of heirloom certificates 
Eligibility, primary and secondary lists of required documents, list of unacceptable documents