Vaccines for Children
The Vaccines for Children program provides low- or no-cost vaccine for children who might not be vaccinated because of inability to pay. There are over 600 health care provider offices, community health clinics, and local public health agencies that participate in the vaccines for children program.
Interested in becoming a VFC provider?
Also, contact us here with questions:
The program requires the VFC Vaccine Coordinator, Backup Vaccine Coordinator and Provider of Record at each VFC provider office to complete two training modules each year. The trainings are highly recommended for any staff working with VFC program. Additional training can be found from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's You Call the Shots website.
The Certificates of Completion for the Vaccine Coordinators and Provider of Record must be submitted to the VFC Program
- Vaccine Management Plan template.
- Vaccine Management Plan additional storage units.
- Emergency Vaccine Management Plan template.
- VFC change of information form.
- Vaccine borrowing report.
A list of VFC memos and an archive of past memos. If you're unable to access the VFC job aids or policy guidance, please contact us.
Storage and Handling
You may need to save the temperature log files to your computer to get the grid lines to print correctly.
- VFC storage unit requirements and maintenance policy.
- VFC thermometer and temperature monitoring guidance.
Temperature monitoring logs
Temperature excursion guidance
Required actions when vaccine storage temperatures are too warm or too cold.
Data logger guidance
- How to read a data logger report
- Adjust LogTag settings.
- LogTag tip sheet.
- Change logger battery.
- Data logger calibration
- VFC providers are responsible for ensuring that their primary and back up data loggers have a current calibration. Data loggers should be calibrated every 2 years. Loggers can be calibrated for single point calibration (for use in either a fridge OR freezer) or dual calibration (able to be used in both a fridge AND freezer).
Please use this log any time you are transporting VFC or 317 vaccine between two locations. All transports must be approved by the VFC Program prior to moving any vaccine.
Order supplies from the VFC program.