The mentoring program offers a unique opportunity for providers and office staff to have one-on-one coaching from immunizing providers in their community. Mentors volunteer their time and space to deliver targeted educational and hands-on learning opportunities. The goal of the mentoring program is to increase the success of immunization programs in medical homes.
Mentors address best practices for:
- ACIP recommended vaccine schedules.
- VFC storage requirements.
- Inventory management.
- Ordering resources.
- Essentials of contracting/coding/billing.
- Dealing with vaccine refusal.
- Provider and patient education.
- CIIS registry use.
- Risk management.
- Identifying an Immunization Champion.
For more information on participating in this program, please contact:
The Immunization Mentoring Project is a collaborative effort between:
A great way to start offering vaccines is to plan an influenza vaccination clinic for your patients.