Tier II hazardous chemical inventory reporting
New for reporting year 2017: As part of our effort to comply with federal electronic reporting rules, we have developed a new platform called the Colorado Environmental Online System (CEOS) to handle a variety of environmental reporting requirements for the department. This year, Tier II report submissions must occur through CEOS. This will take place in three steps:
1. Create a CEOS account. All companies will be required to create a new account in CEOS. Registration will be open in December in preparation for the 2017 reporting period. You will be receiving additional registration instructions in the coming weeks.
2. Report creation & submittal. As in previous years, Colorado will require the use of the EPA’s free Tier2Submit software to create a report as a .t2s file type. Once the report has been created and registration in CEOS has been completed, companies MUST submit the final Tier II report through CEOS. E-mail submissions will NOT be accepted. The deadline for report submission is March 1, 2018.
3. Payment of Tier II fee. Once your reports have been successfully uploaded into CEOS, your bill will be calculated. At this time, we are working to this process occur automatically at the time of submission. Stay tuned for additional fee payment information.
Information for reporting facilities
Colorado requires that Tier II reports be filed using EPA’s free Tier2Submit software. Tier2Submit will generate an electronic file that must be attached in our electronic reporting system, Colorado Environmental Online Services, or CEOS. You cannot submit the file directly from Tier2Submit, nor can you email the file directly to us. For reporting year 2017, you must use CEOS to submit your T2S file. The Tier2Submit software is revised every single year. You must install a new version each year.
- Download Tier2Submit 2016 software. Note: This is only for the reporting year 2016. A new link will be provided for reporting year 2017.
- Fee structure.
- Frequently requested information.
Colorado has instituted a single-point submission process for Tier II reporting. Facility owners/operators are required to submit their Tier II report(s) to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Facilities are not required to provide the same report to the local emergency planning committee (LEPC) or the local fire department unless those agencies maintain local reporting requirements. Please check with your LEPC and fire department to determine if they require direct Tier II reporting to their agency.
General information & resources