TB: For health care professionals
Tools and procedures for providers who care for patients with TB disease (active TB) or TB infection (latent TB or LTBI).
- TB screening for health care personnel.
- Tuberculosis Screening and Surveillance Guidance for Long-Term Care Facilities
- Colorado Adult Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Form.
- Colorado Pediatric Risk Assessment
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-ALPHA) antagonists and the increased risk for tuberculosis.
Where to get tested
- Patients who live outside the Denver metro area can contact their local public health agency.
- Patients who live in Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Jefferson or Douglas counties, can contact:
Denver Metro TB Clinic
605 Bannock St., 1st floor
Denver, CO 80204
Types of testing
- Tuberculin skin testing.
- Interferon Gamma Release Assays (IGRAs): Blood tests.
- TST Scope of Practice Guidelines.
- TB infection (LTBI) diagnosis.
- LTBI treatment guide for providers.
- TB infection (LTBI) treatment regimens.
- NTCA Provider Guidance: Using the Isoniazid/Rifapentine Regimen to Treat Latent Tuberculosis infection (LTBI)
- 12-Dose Regimen for Latent TB Infection-Patient Education Brochure
- Tuberculosis drug information guides.
- Drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Treatment of Drug-Susceptible TB.
- Diagnosis of Tuberculosis in Adults and Children.
- GeneXpert Airborne Isolation Guidance.
Respiratory Protection Related Services
National Jewish Health is one of the few organizations in the United States that offers a full-service respiratory protection program. All services are specifically tailored to meet the unique needs of each client while ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other federal, state, and local regulations. National Jewish Health is a fee for service organization, click below for more information:
- Medical Clearance Exams
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Clinical Care, including physical exams and pulmonary function tests
- Worker Training
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Respiratory Protection Program Consultation
Infection Control Resources