Special pathogens present unique public health concerns as they are highly infectious, contagious and can be fatal. Special pathogens may result in high cost to individuals, healthcare systems and society in general. Please use and share the following resources compiled by CDPHE’s Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response.
Visit the Ebola Virus Disease webpage for disease specific information.
Resources for hospitals
- Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Guidance For Hospitals: Ask, Isolate, Call Infosheet.
- Public Health Special Pathogen Checklist for Hospitals: First Hour, Second Hour, Ongoing.
- Ask About Travel History Poster. (coming soon)
- NETEC Online and Live Trainings.
- CDC Viral Special Pathogen Information.
- CDC Ebola Resources.
- CDC PPE Guidance.
- CDC PPE Calculator.
- Biohazardous Waste Services in Colorado.
- Behavioral Health Considerations: Preventing Absenteeism and Promoting Resilience Among Health Care Workers In Biological Emergencies.
Resources for public health officials and healthcare coalitions
- CDPHE Special Pathogen Concept of Operations (CONOPS) Plan.
- ASPR TRACIE Powerpoint and Webinar: Healthcare System Readiness for Highly Pathogenic Infectious Diseases.
- PsychoSocial Resource: Fearbola Behavioral Health Interactive Toolkit.
- Behavioral Health: Managing Your Fear About Ebola.
Resources for emergency managers
- ASPR Tracie: HIPAA and Disasters: What Emergency Professionals Need to Know.
- Ebola Information for Emergency Managers. (coming soon)
- Ask About Travel History Poster for Dispatchers. (coming soon)
Resources for first responders
- ASPR TRACIE EMS Infectious Disease Playbook.
- CDC On-Trac Resource Center.
- Emerging Infectious Diseases Videos for Prehospital Providers (UMBC).
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Worker Training Program Resources.
For questions regarding resources, to have a speaker present at your organization, for additional support or to provide resources to this page, please contact the HPP Special Pathogens Coordinator.