Sources requiring Title V operating permits
- Any source that emits or has the potential to emit more than 100 tons of any regulated air pollutant per year will be required to have an operating permit.
- Any source that emits or has the potential to emit more than 10 tons per year of a hazardous air pollutant, or more than 25 tons per year of a combination of hazardous air pollutants, will be required to have an operating permit.
- This includes older sources which previously hadn't been required to obtain an air pollution permit.
- New major sources must obtain a construction permit from us before construction and then must apply for an operating permit within 12 months of commencing operation.
- All source owners submitting applications for permits will be billed for the time spent processing the application.